BATON ROUGE — LSU has unveiled its policies and procedures for beer and wine sales in public areas of Tiger Stadium.
“This is all about enhancing the fan experience, responding to the feedback from our fans and doing it responsibly,” LSU Athletic Director Scott Woodward said in a statement on Thursday. “It’s a big addition to our events and we believe it will be a positive one overall, but we are going about it with the appropriate mindset and thorough planning.”
Beginning this coming fall, beer and wine sales will be available for fans ages 21 and over inside Tiger Stadium. LSU Athletics’ concessionaire Aramark will sell a variety of domestic and imported beer as well as red and white wines at most concession stands inside the stadium.
The sales of alcohol will be stopped at the conclusion of the third quarter for football games.
The announcement comes on the heals of new SEC policies adopted this spring allowing the sale of beer and wine in public areas of athletics venues within certain parameters. Among the provisions, the policy requires that all beverages must be served in a cup and that no more than two alcoholic beverages be purchased per transaction.
Each alcohol transaction will require a valid ID.
LSU states that its staff and vendors will undergo training to properly facilitate institutional and conference policy, and to adhere to all state and federal laws and regulations. Staff members for each concession stand will be required to complete the Louisiana Responsible Vendor alcohol training course and purchase an East Baton Rouge Parish seller permit. All servers will also be instructed according to LSU’s policies and trained to identify public intoxication in order to refuse service to any fan who appears impaired. Security personnel reserve the right to eject or arrest fans who are intoxicated or share alcoholic beverages with minors.
There will be one area of the stadium that will not be selling alcohol. The concession stands nearest the student section will not sell beer and wine.
LSU will also reserve limited stands for volunteer groups who do not wish to sell alcoholic beverages.
Fans are encouraged to report any violation of this policy and/or any unruly behavior by notifying stadium or law enforcement personnel, or by calling LSU Guest Services at 225-578-4085 or texting “LSU” and issue and location to 69050. Dial 911 for emergencies. The prices for alcoholic items have not yet been determined.
LSU Athletics Policy and Code of Conduct for Sale of Alcoholic Beverages
Alcoholic Beverage Policy:
- The possession or consumption of alcohol not sold in the venue is expressly prohibited.
- No more than two alcoholic beverages may be purchased per transaction.
- Alcoholic beverages must be poured into a cup.
- A valid ID is required for each transaction.
- Alcohol will not be served to fans who are visibly intoxicated.
- Alcohol sales will end at the conclusion of the third quarter of the game for football.
Code of Conduct:
Stadium personnel and law enforcement will monitor fan behavior. Ejection without refund, arrest, or refusal of sale or consumption of alcohol could result for reasons not limited to:
- Unruly, disruptive or illegal behavior.
- Giving alcoholic beverages to a minor.
- Public intoxication or impairment.
- Abusive or offensive language or gestures.
- Throwing of any objects.
- Failure to follow stadium and/or law enforcement personnel instruction.
- Any other conduct deemed inappropriate by stadium personnel or law enforcement.