Meche’s Mock Draft 3.0
- Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
At one point earlier in the week the bettors had Fields going number one. I’m sticking with Lawrence here since he’s been the clear cut number one since day one.
- New York Jets – Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
Not a lot of talk from the Jets lately, could they be scheming something crazy at two? I doubt it, but I won’t put it past them to mess this pick up.
- San Francisco 49ers – Justin Fields, QB, Ohio St.
I am staying here and dying on this hill. All of this talk of San Fran choosing between Lance and Jones feels weird to me, especially with both of them being two different archetypes of quarterbacks.
- Atlanta Falcons – Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
Pitts is the best non-quarterback prospect and might be the best prospect overall in this whole class. His fast 40 yard dash time with his size and ability to play Tight End and Wide Receiver gives Matt Ryan yet another weapon to throw to. This is if Atlanta actually does decide to stay put.
- Cincinnati Bengals – Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU
Going back to square one here. Had Chase here when I first started and it seems as though Cincy has him as their guy.
- Miami Dolphins – Penei Sewell, OL, Oregon
If Miami does stay at this position in the draft, getting Sewell at Right Tackle and moving Robert Hunt back to Right Guard seems like the optimal move to make .
- Detroit Lions – Trey Lance, QB, NDSU
I like for the Lions to get either Waddle or Smith here. Though, if no one does trade up for Lance and he’s sitting there, go get him since it’s clear they don’t want Goff long term.
- Carolina Panthers – Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern
Securing up the offensive line for me makes more sense to me to keep Darnold up-right and target a receiver in the second round.
- Denver Broncos – Micah Parsons, LB, Penn St.
Parsons’ run stopping ability to go with the set edges of Von and Chubb gives Denver a very scary trio of Linebackers. Peyton Manning’s guidance should help Drew Lock improve and prevent Denver from getting Jones.
- Dallas Cowboys – Patrick Surtain, CB, Alabama
This defense is in desperate need of help at pretty much every position. It might be a little early for an edge threat, but getting the top rated Cornerback is a start. This is if they don’t trade down since they aren’t looking to trade up anymore.
- New York Giants – DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
This could lead to the Giants trading away a pass catcher and move back up in the draft. Judge raved about getting Smith or Waddle and doesn’t want to have to go against both of them for years to come.
- Philadelphia Eagles – Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
I hope Philly doesn’t go for another Wide Receiver early on again in the draft, but it seems as though their biggest targets are Waddle and Surtain but Surtain will have already been selected.
- Los Angeles Chargers – Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
Protecting Justin Herbert and improving the Left Tackle position is a need that has to be addressed early in the draft. His blocking in the pass and run game will serve Herbert and the new head coach well.
- Minnesota Vikings – Jaelan Phillips, EDGE, Miami (FL)
Many teams have been hyping up Phillips with all of his potential. Pairing him with Danielle Hunter could grant Minnesota a playoff berth.
- New England Patriots – Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
The Pats have been in many trade talks with a bunch of teams and I think they will end up moving up. If I’m right about Fields at three, New England would be looking to get Jones to soon replace Cam.
- Arizona Cardinals – Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
Offensive line is very much an option, but moving on from someone like Patrick Peterson feels like a call to get his replacement ASAP.
- Las Vegas Raiders – Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame
A lot of talk for Vegas says that they are seeing the Notre Dame Linebacker is an early favorite for them in the draft.
- Miami Dolphins – Gregory Rousseau, EDGE, Miami (FL)
Rousseau is the newest talk of the town in the draft world. When we last saw him his biggest flaw was his weight. He recently has put on 25 pounds and I don’t see him not being taken at least somewhat high in the first round.
- Washington -Jamin Davis, QB, Alabama
Washington is looking to move up too, but might not be for a Quarterback. If they don’t get Parsons, their eyes for in the direction of getting Davis.
- Chicago Bears – Greg Newsome II, CB, Northwestern
Fuller’s release mid way through free agency felt as though they see someone they really like to replace him at a cheaper price.
- Indianapolis Colts – Kwity Paye, EDGE, Michigan
Edge is a big concern for me and having Kwity Paye quite a few spots is a prime opportunity to improve the edges.
- Tennessee Titans – Teven Jenkins, OT, OKST
Tennessee seems like good contenders for getting Julio Jones to me and someone like Jenkins would give them an anchor for each Tackle position and provide nice running lanes for Derrick Henry.
- New York Jets – Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia
Rumors are saying C.J. Mosley could be on the move very soon. Getting someone like Dylan Moses later on in the draft is very much an option so they can address cornerback early on and Campbell’s name has become red hot to go in the first round.
- Pittsburgh Steelers – Najee Harris, HB, Alabama
Pittsburgh moved on from James Conner for a reason. Harris is surprisingly shifty for his size and can catch the ball pretty good too.
- Jacksonville Jaguars – Alijah Vera-Tucker, OG, USC
Vera-Tucker’s services will be of use for Lawrence to hit his receivers in an opportunity that is presented with the USC Guard falling a good bit to this late in the first round.
- Cleveland Browns – Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia
Barmore out of Alabama doesn’t seem to be coachable and Collins is an outside Linebacker while Cleveland is looking for Inside Linebacker. Another position to go for is Cornerback and the other hot name from Georgia feels like a good fit at this point in the draft.
- Baltimore Ravens – Terrace Marshall Jr, WR, LSU
Baltimore securing the receiver with this pick gives Lamar another big weapon he so needs and leaves the 31st pick open for a defensive player.
- New Orleans Saints – Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
New Orleans could go in a few directions in my eyes, even getting a Receiver with this pick. Regardless, I’m sticking with the player I’ve wanted the Saints to get from the jump.
- Green Bay Packers – Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss
Green Bay has been doing some serious homework on Moore and shows heavy interest in the Ole Miss receiver to give a new weapon for Rodgers since he is their guy.
- Buffalo Bills – Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
Buffalo getting Etienne has crossed my mind many times since last year they didn’t have anyone that was super reliable consistently. He’s one of their many targets since there’s next to no chance he falls late in the second round.
- Baltimore Ravens – Jayson Oweh, EDGE, Penn St.
Oweh’s super impressive pro day feels too good for him not to be taken at some point in the first round. It’s not everyday an Edge Rusher runs a 4.36 second 40 time.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Azeez Ojulari, EDGE, Georgia
Ojulari is another player that feels like he shouldn’t fall out the first either. Pierre-Paul’ s contract is only one year and having his cheap replacement would set up Tampa with their own frightening quartet of Linebackers.